Friday, October 5, 2012

WrestlingNerd Presents: TNA Impact Wrestling Review 10/4/12 (When you wish upon a bully)


What up wrestling fans, I'm the WrestlingNerd bringing you another written review. Today, we take a look at TNA Impact Wrestling 10/4/12. What happens with the misadventures of Card Games? Let's find out and start the review. 

Match #1: Mr. Anderson vs Gunner
We open up the show with a match. Hulk Hogan and Sting did mention that they will be observing the TNA talent in order to determine who will join in the Aces and Eights fight at Bound for Glory. Well, why did Sting say last week that he was gonna bring somebody to the….You know what? I'm probably the only one that gives a s*** about that. So, I guess Anderson and Gunner put their best dancing shoes on for Sting since Sting will ask that one lucky guy to the BFG Prom. Oh goodie!!! Anderson wins this match quickly. Kid Kash attacks because he's desperate for a sandwich. Anderson takes out Kash with a Mic Check in the process. Yeah, so not a whole lot to say about this match. It's mostly used as a plot device to determine who will join Sting in the As & 8s fight. This also means that you will see a lot of these non-storyline matches tonight.

Winner via pinfall: Mr. Asshole

Match #2: Tara and Gail Kim vs Tessmacher and ODB
While Tara is mocking the IWC, Gail is wondering where her dominate status went. This was another short match. The finish comes when Tara uses Gail as a weapon, which allows her to hit the Widows Peak on Tessmacher for the victory. Maybe I should give input on this….Well, see you later. 

Winner via pinfall: Tara and Gail Kim

Al Snow calls out Joey Ryan and apologizes, while Joey is enjoying every moment of this. Well, it turns out Joey has a contract and….That's it. Well, that was anti-climatic…..BUT WAIT!!! It turns out Joey didn't read the contract and only got a one-day contract with the company. At BFG, Joey will go up against Snow. It was never brought up if Joey wins if he would get a full-time contract, but I imagine that would be the catch for Joey to end up with a roster spot. Joey is the only reason to even watch Gut Check. Speaking of which, I find it hilarious that Tazz was freaking out over Joey getting a contract. I would feel more embarrassed giving contracts to random X-Division guys nobody will remember two years from now. In a backstage scene, Kurt Angle wants to help Sting, but Sting isn't too sure about Kurt working two matches. Christopher Daniels and Kaz see this and start to laugh. Bully Ray shows up and says he needs to be Sting's partner. Sting isn't convinced, but will give Bully a chance to prove himself. I love Sting's reaction. I NEED A BULLY…..I'M PISSED!!! What? That doesn't even make sense. That was the line of the night. Seriously, that made my day right there. I'm gonna move forward….I'm pissed!!! I might as well bring this up now. Bully confronted Aries and Hardy in the back and challenged them to a match later tonight. It further adds tension to the world title match…which isn't saying much since it's underplayed to Storm/Roode and Aces and Eights. Regardless, this pretty much closes the book on Bully getting in the world title situation. At the same time, it doesn't close the book on Bully working with Card Games. 

Match #3: Samoa Joe vs RVD; TV Title
TV title…..yeahhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…… Does anyone really care about this championship? The match was short and almost served no point to the show. I almost think it was there to fill their Samoa Joe quota for the day. Joe wins with a Muscle Buster. 

Winner via pinfall and still Samoa Joe: TV Championship

Match #4: Kurt Angle vs Chavo Guerrero
I should note that with the earlier backstage scene, Daniels and Kaz were stirring the pot in trying to get the other tag teams to take their eye off the ball. In a fair match, the finish comes when Hernandez causes enough of a distraction for Chavo to get a rollup victory. He lies, he cheats, he…..sigh, it isn't the same. After the match, Team Appletini mocks the opposing tag teams as they continue to argue. I may not be big on this rivalry, but at least they are progressing things and trying something with it. That's something right? Right? RIGHT!?

Winner via pinfall: Chavo Guerrero

Match #5: Zema Ion vs Douglas Williams; X Division Championship
Zema gets pushed around, so time for some Filipino Fury to overtake Zema. Zema wins this match with a Cross Armbreaker. Zema didn't release the hold, so the ref reversed the decision. After the match, Zema claimed that he's good enough to fight Aces and Eights, but doesn't care about joining the fight. In other words, Zema says, "I know I should care, but I would rather sit in the back and do nothing as the X Division title continues to mean nothing…..I'm pretty". This is how unimportant the X Division title is. This was a title match and not two f***s were given. 

Winner via referee: Douglas Williams (Zema still champion)

Apparently, Matt Morgan invaded a house show and attacked officials. Bruce Prichard tells D'Lo Brown to deal with this. Yeah, being the head executive means you tell other people what to do. Just like your supervisor. This pretty much guarantees Morgan has resigned with TNA. I know a lot of rumors were flying around that Morgan would go back to WWE, but I think this was a better move for him. I just have the strange feeling that if Morgan went to WWE, he would be that dominate heel for 2-3 months until getting killed off by John Cena or Ronald McCena. I love how Prichard is pissed off to see Morgan invade their show, but don't seem to care that Morgan is plastered all over their Direct Auto Insurance commercial. TNA doesn't complain when they are getting money, but God forbid if you invade their show. Geeze, you already have one invasion on this show, but now you add another? I'm just gonna let that speak for itself. 

James Storm and Robert Roode build up their match, but King Mo decides to get in on the mix. I already explained that I'm not really big on King Mo getting in the middle of this rivalry. Storm/Roode has gone on for the last year, so they need to end the storyline between the two of them. It would feel very incomplete if King Mo decides the entire outcome of this feud. There's a chance he won't be a factor, but I really doubt it. Meanwhile, the League of Poker Hands informs the League of Idiocy they will reveal their members at the PPV. Well, like it really matters. You can choose the Fat Dude, Armbreaker Dude, Hair Dude, and OTHER Fat Dude. The possibilities are endless. Also, they are doing electric torture on Joseph Parks. This ham is very glazed, if you know what I mean. 

Match #6: Bully Ray vs Austin Aries vs Jeff Hardy
This match wasn't too bad. I was left wanting more, but I had a feeling this would happen. The finish comes when Hardy and Aries are not on the same page, which allows Bully to hit the Bully Bomb on Hardy. After the match, Aries and Hardy continue to argue. Aries is upset that he can't get the same response as Hardy. Well, just slap some face-paint on, get caught with drugs, cut bad promos and YOU can be just like Jeff Hardy. You can do it!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! People will hate me even more after tonight. 

Winner via pinfall: Bully Ray

Hogan and Sting decide to choose Anderson since he beat up two guys…..Compared to Bully who ALSO beat two guys? Wrap your head around that one. Yes, I know it's wrestling logic since the scene isn't over, but this is still ridiculous. Well, it turns out that Aces and Eights got to Anderson in the back. Again, if they invade the show all the damn time and always bypass security, why did they make a deal in order to get full access to the show? What, do they want to cafeteria privileges? Anyway, Bully arrives and claims he's the guy who should team up with Sting. Hogan isn't sure if he can trust Bully, but finally decides to give him the job. Yeah, so Bully is teaming up with Sting against Aces and Eights, and As & 8s have never attacked Bully. Hmmm……very interesting. I've said it for months that Bully was the leader of Aces and Eights. I know people will bring up the argument about the guy talking last week, but do you really expect continuity on this show? By the way, really, Impact Zone? We want Devon? And the Impact Zone wonders why they aren't being taken seriously. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Overall Impression:
Yeah, so there was a lot of stuff going on tonight. I have mixed views on tonight's show. The first half of the show was just boring and uninteresting. As the evening kept moving forward, the show did get a little more intriguing. Tonight's wrestling quality wasn't the greatest. At the same time, it takes more than wrestling quality to make a show. Storm and Roode was interesting…until King Mo got in the mix. I know it's TNA's way of getting publicity, but the other part of me isn't liking the idea. The world title picture is something I'm losing a lot of interest in. To me, it feels like Aries and Hardy are building up forced tension between each other. Hell, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio had more tension than Aries/Hardy….Yeah, I said it. I think Bully might've been the most intriguing part of the show. I enjoyed watching him talk his way into the match and his match. He really was the best part of the evening, but I really don't find myself interested in anything else TNA dished out tonight. To be clear, this isn't a bad episode of Impact. In fact, I've seen them do much worse and this can be looked at as a fair evening. At the same time, I really can't recommend it. Oh, the TNA fans are gonna destroy me. That's gonna do it for the review and I hope you enjoyed it. As always, tell me what you thought of my review or tonight's show. I will see you guys and girls on the next WrestlingNerd show. See you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment