Thursday, November 15, 2012

WrestlingNerd Presents: TNA Impact Wrestling Review 11/15/12 (TNA Turning Point? What even is that?)


What up wrestling fans, I'm the WrestlingNerd bringing you another written review. Today, we take a look at TNA Impact Wrestling 11/15/12. With Turning Point over and done with, how does TNA more forward? Let's find out and start the review.

We open up the show with James Storm. He talks about how awesome it is to be the #1 Contender and has worked hard to get to where he's at. Bobby Roode comes out and congratulates Storm on getting the title match. He also apologizes since he knows Storm will blow it once again and claims he will score with Storm's daughter once she's 18. Aw yes, good old pedophilia on primetime television. The American classic…..what? Storm gets so angry that not only does he want to fight Bobby, but is willing to put up his world title match. I find it hilarious how often this happens in the wrestling business. You basically just killed yourself to get a title match (Unless your name is John Cena) and you immediately give it up since you need to prove yourself yet again. This is one of the biggest example of wrestling logic that you will ever see in the business. So, we got a #1 Contender match once again since the creative staff decided to go to lunch early, so they rehash an idea from Sunday. That's progress for you. The opening was fine, but there really isn't a whole lot to go over. We also find out that because of what happened at Turning Point, Doc had to turn in his vest. I guess he's on probation/a thin lease with Aces and Eights? Yeah, I really don't know, but Doc's face pretty much said he was disappointed by the news. Well, what a minute. So, you're telling me the guy who actually won his match is on probation, while the guy who TAPPED OUT is still calling the shots? I'm sorry, but that's f***ing retarded. It just doesn't make any sense. Is Aces and Eights encouraging losers to remain in their stable? Yeah, I can continue, but I think I made my point. It's just more motivation for Doc to get some….

Oh, and I love how Aces and Eights choose their next victim when they never took care of their first victim. When you don't succeed, pretend it never happened and try again. 

Match #1: RVD vs Kid Kash
You know what's a good way to not follow up the PPV? Have RVD go up against somebody nobody cares about and not have any interaction with his rivals. Great job, TNA!!! Great freakin' job!!! Geeze, I'm only this far into the show and already reacting like this? This does not bode well for anybody. RVD wins with the Frog Splash. 

Winner via pinfall: RVD

Match #2: Eric Young vs Jesse
Why!? Why!? Why!? Why!? Why do they insist on continuing this? What's the deal with EY's disappearance? You can't keep mentioning it and not lead to something. If you do that, it becomes pointless. The only thing that went through my head is the fact EY's head bounced off the railing, thus leading to Jesse hitting his finisher for the victory. If you recall, part of the reason EY went bat s*** insane is because TNA thought poking fun of concussions was hilarious. I really really really really really really really REALLY hope they don't take that plot-point and integrate it into the storyline. It wouldn't be stupid for them to do this. No, it would be REALLY stupid for them to do this. I know TNA is very capable of doing this, but let's just hope that isn't the case. 

Winner via pinfall: Jesse

Joseph Park wants another match against Aces and Eights. Hogan won't allow it, so Joseph decides to go to wrestling school. I really don't know what to think of this. Part of me is wanting to see some type of gag reel where Joseph is screwing up everything in comedy fashion. If that's the goal, than this might actually be worth it. But if that isn't the case, why should I care? I'm guessing the Abyss character is officially dead since Joseph, once again, has no concern or feelings towards Chris. You know….Abyss. Hogan seems confident that Joseph won't be back. Hogan has his sex tape riding on this bet. Hehe….riding. Oh, and Kurt Angle had to choose between Garett Bischoff or Wes Brisco for tonight's match. So, an untalented referee or the rookie wrestler? Hmm, that's a tough choice, Kurt. If people really cared about the Aces and Eights problem, you think a bigger name would've been begging to get in the middle of this. In fact, where's Bully throughout all of this? Yeah, yeah. How dare I question the almighty wrestling logic. And this Kurt scene happened before the EY/Jesse match. I needed to get that out of the way before somebody decided to vent some IWC rage. 

Before the Joe/Magnus match could even get started, Aces and Eights take out Magnus. So, this is the 'prick' that deserved this? I guess Devon's aim was a little off. I love how the TNA locker room should be united against Aces and Eights, but nobody bothers to show up until Magnus had gotten a double dose of hammer time…

Magnus: WHY!!! Why won't anybody help me?
TNA locker room:……Ehh

And that's why not a single f*** was given today. Bully Ray finally arrives to help Magnus, but the damage has been done. Well, at least that's the reason for them doing Joe/Magnus again. Other than that, there shouldn't be any point to this match. Austin Aries is respectful of Jeff Hardy and his ability to raise the game, but Hardy is being a dick about it……I think something got lost in the script. I can't help but think that should be the other way around. Where the hell am I? I don't even know anymore. 

Match #3: Kurt Angle and Garett Bischoff vs Aces and Eights
To represent Card Games, they have Devon and….some other guy. Tazz called him the Big Redwood, but I'm just gonna call him Mike for all our sakes. This match is okay, but nothing great. The finish was freakin' wonky. Earl Hebner was distracted for FIVE HOURS. Seriously, do you think it's a good idea to book your referees to have ADD? Because of Earl getting distracted (Aces and Eights or a piece of paper? You be the judge), Doc is about to use a hammer on Kurt, but Wes saves Kurt by chasing him with a lead pipe. While Earl is still distracted, Kurt kicks Mike in the groin and ends up stealing this match. There's a role model for you. When in doubt, kick him in the happy sack. I actually don't mind Kurt cheating to win this match. It was about time Aces and Eights got a dose of their own medicine. Still, this stable deal is getting more and more ridiculous every week. I really wish they would just reveal more members at this point. I guess I'm losing a little bit of patience, but can you really blame me? The stable just hasn't gone well since Devon was revealed as a member. 

Winner via pinfall: Kurt Angle and Garett Bischoff

Match #4: KO Battle Royal
Did they really just tease the possibility of Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan? But-ie-ick-ep-bah-eh-ca-chic-ca-ba-ge-ga!!! What the hell? Yeah, I really don't even want to know what the creative staff is thinking. I QUIT!!! The winner of this match would be the #1 Contender to the Knockout title. Mickie James, Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Tessmacher, and ODB are competing in this match. One thing I will say about TNA is they will at least TRY to put on a tolerable women's battle royal. WWE tends to get these things done in about 30 seconds, but at least this one had time to process. It was at least a tolerable match. The finish comes when Mickie eliminates Gail to become the #1 Contender. This honestly made the most sense and I really don't have much to say on it. 

Winner and NEW #1 Contender: Mickie James

AJ Styles comes out to talk about his failure. This leads to Christopher Daniels and Ka---are you f***ing kidding me? Did they really do this? You finally get out of that year-long rivalry only to go right back to it? Without any rhyme or reason? 

I can't believe they're doing this….again. Daniels' right. There's absolutely nothing to gain for winning or losing this match. In fact, I'm not even gonna give my thoughts on this. I've talked more than enough about how I feel about the Daniels/Styles rivalry this year. I think I need a drink after this. 

Match #5: James Storm vs Bobby Roode; #1 Contender match
In a solid match, Bobby wins this match by utilizing an exposed turnbuckle and pulling the tights for the victory. That's right. Storm, who already got his title shot, basically just threw it away and is back to where he was after Lockdown. So, if Bobby was gonna be the next #1 Contender, why in the world didn't Bobby win at the PPV? Some you will argue that it adds storyline development, but I have to call bulls*** on that. In my view, this is TNA's way of simply being lazy since they wanted to eat up 20 minutes of free television. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this. It makes the PPV completely worthless since you give it away on free television. That's a good way to piss off people who actually paid for the PPV. It was an okay PPV, but after tonight, I think it makes Turning Point look worse. In fact, pro wrestling has a habit of doing this a lot. Why? I don't know why, but this bothers me. It doesn't bother me that Roode got the title match. In fact, I mentioned in the Turning Point review that Roode or Storm were very acceptable choices for a world title match. I repeat, I have no problem with Roode getting the title match. My problem is the fact they completely undermined the PPV for the sake of wanting to be lazy. Again, they should've just had Roode get the victory at the PPV. It would've saved you a lot of time and you could've done, oh I don't know, work on a new storyline/rivalry? Oh, but that's crazy talk. 

Winner via pinfall and NEW #1 Contender: Bobby Roode

Overall Impression:
I had a lot of issues with tonight's show. You think for coming out of a PPV that you would get some new development, but you got none of that tonight. What you did get was a lot of development from storylines that already existed or just plain filler. Styles/Daniels just shows the creative staff isn't sure what to do anymore. You completely crap all over the triple threat match at Turning Point by changing the victor tonight when you could've easily done it at the PPV. Aces and Eights continues to be a joke, while you had a couple of pointless matches out of the evening. I'm sorry, but for a show that just got off a PPV, they really didn't do a good job to engage you with anything new. I thought it was just a bland show altogether. I can't recommend this one. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing with this episode, but I didn't like it. Well, this has been a disappointing week for the pro wrestling world. I really hope we can turn this week around since we still have SD and Survivor Series to get through. That's gonna do it for the review and I hope you enjoyed it. As always, tell me what you thought of my review or tonight's show. I will see you guys and girls in the next one. See you next time. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your reviews. Sometimes I miss a show for whatever reason and I can catch up on your blog. Keep up the good work. Personally I kindof like the idea of Brooke and Bully being an item. I mean we have seen that Bully is trying hard to impress Hulkster as it is with the whole Aces and 8s thing. This could make things interesting.

    ReplyDelete