Saturday, February 11, 2012

WrestlingNerd Presents: WWE Smackdown Review 2/10/12 (Filler for days)

What up wrestling fans, I'm the WrestlingNerd bringing you another written review. Today, we take a look at WWE Smackdown on 2/10/12. I am pressed for time, so I'm going to try to get through this as fast as I can. Let's begin. 

We open up the show with Sheamus. He talks about waiting until after Elimination Chamber to make his decision and how he's a fighter. This would start a series of interruptions. Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, and Big Show each come out to make their case for winning the WHC at EC. I liked how Cody brought up Show's WrestleMania track record. Funny thing is he will probably get involved with a former basketball player this year…..or a magical genie if you know what I'm talking about. I will talk more about that another day. Show eventually loses his cool and a fight breaks out. The good guys clear house. It was announced that it will be Sheamus and Show vs Wade and Cody for later tonight. Pretty standard opening without a whole lot to report. Sheamus is kinda in limbo for a short time. Things will pick up for the Celtic Warrior after EC. 

Match #1: Great Khali vs Jinder Mahal
Interesting ritual that Jinder does before the match. He puts his hat in a glass box before the start of the match. I guess he puts his personality/ability/anything that could be considered interesting in that same glass box. That makes way too much sense. The match was short and it ended with Khali hits Punjabi Plunge for the clean victory. I realize a lot of people aren't a fan of Khali and don't want to see him involved in the EC match, but this guy is the most popular wrestler in India. Seriously, India loves Khali and they want to see him. Just something I wanted to bring up since I think Khali gets way too much hate over the internet. I'm not a Khali fan by any stretch, but I don't go overboard with all the hate comments. 

Winner via pinfall: Great Khali 

With Teddy Long almost ready to get his swirl on, Daniel Bryan interrupts. Bryan is outraged that Teddy had a BBQ and goes on a rant in how eating meat is disgusting. Bryan says he's so disgusted that he cannot compete, but Teddy doesn't buy it and the match is still on for tonight. I wonder what would happen if you ate a cheeseburger in front of Bryan's face? That's would be considered a mortal sin for a vegan. 

Match #2: Beth Phoenix vs Alicia Fox
Star Fox, I need help. Alicia is getting her ass kicked. Star Fox, do you hear me? Save me!!! Save me, Fox McCloud!!! Save me, Falco!!! Um…..save me, Slippy? All right, I've had my fun. Alicia has no connections with Star Fox, so she gets destroyed in a matter of seconds. After the match, Tamina shows up and Beth has a stare down with Tamina. Beth seems to enjoy it. When that match happens, hopefully it will last longer than 30 seconds. 

Winner via pinfall: Beth Phoenix

Match #3: Sheamus and Big Show vs Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes
I forget to mention that Natalya had another farting scene. Natalya has nothing on Harry from Dumb and Dumber. Um…a second thought, I probably shouldn't put up that clip. Once again, I really don't like Wade's new entrance music. It just doesn't make Wade look tough when he comes out to a song that sounds like it came from Justin Bieber's even less talented cousin. The lyrics fit Wade, but the sound is way off. This was a fair match, but you aren't missing a whole lot by skipping it. The finish comes when Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick on Wade for the victory. Wade is 0-3 with the new music. Coincidence? Probably, but I still think he needs a different tune. 

Winner via pinfall: Sheamus and Big Show

It's once again that time where Michael Cole gets more screen time than people who deserve it. Cole is interviewing AJ. She doesn't blame Show for the injury and says the person who does more damage than anyone else in the WWE is Cole. She is tired of his biased opinions and wants him to shut up. Look out. Internet Cole is on the loose. As Cole starts to complain, Bryan arrives and stands up for his girlfriend. Bryan continues to pitch that he's a role model because he cares about the environment. Bryan doesn't like how the audience is treating AJ and vows to leave the arena in a Prius. I guess Bryan would hate the first model of Doc Brown's Delorean. As Bryan and AJ are about to leave, Teddy finds them backstage and says Bryan must face Randy Orton or he strip him of the world title. Bryan is now turning into an environmental nut job. Bryan is reminding me a lot of that one episode of South Park where they made fun of PETA. This was a strange scene since you have Cole heeling out on someone he should stick up for. Damn, not even a heel turn can make Cole a Bryan fan. Cole is sticking up for Bryan a little more on commentary, but still complains about him. That's probably the only heel that Cole continues to trash. 

Match #4: Ted DiBiase vs Hunico
DiBiase was wearing a cast on his wrist. He actually got a broken wrist a few weeks ago. This match didn't last too long. The finish comes when DiBiase gets a rollup on Hunico for the quick win. This is one of those lower card/mid card rivalries that isn't really clicking for me. Something is missing in this rivalry. With the victory, this rivalry should continue. Still needs more development. 

Winner via pinfall: Ted DiBiase

Is it just me, or does John Laurinaitis sound more like a robot while on the phone? That's enough the scare the crap out of you. Laurinaitis says Raw will be unforgettable. Let me guess…..a six man tag match. I can already see it. CM Punk, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston vs Chris Jericho, Miz, and Dolph Ziggler. Hey, don't be surprised if this ends up happening. 

Match #5: Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Big Show was on commentary for this match. I kinda wish this whole Bryan/Show deal would end. Then again, that's how Bryan started his power trip. I think the Show/Bryan deal will end at EC. It really should end because I can't stand to watch Show vs Bryan matches anymore. This was a solid match. Definitely the best match of the night. Gotta give Orton and Bryan credit for putting forth a solid wrestling match. The finish comes when Bryan gets out of the ring and starts to walk out with the WHC. Bryan actually shoves Show on the outside, but Show loses his cool and attacks Bryan. The ref calls for the bell, thus Bryan wins the match via DQ. YES!!! After the match, Orton is pissed off that Show got involved in his match. The two start to fight. While the fight is in progress, Bryan escapes. I had a feeling shenanigans would be in full force for this match. Bryan is really becoming a jackass more and more each week. Then again, that's a good thing. I am starting to get annoyed by him, so that's a clue that he's playing the role decently. Remember, you're supposed to hate him. 

Winner via DQ: Daniel Bryan

Overall Impression:
I was not a big fan of SD tonight. It just seemed like a repeat of what happen last week. There was a lot of filler on tonight's show. I was fine with the opening, but it took a while until I got into the show. I really didn't get invested in this show until the main event came on. Even with a decent main event, it was a pretty uneventful evening. We get more insight on Bryan's character change. Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot of new stuff introduced. Part of the reason I did a shorter review is because there wasn't much to talk about and I wanted to get it finished asap. Filler can be entertaining (anime fans such as myself know where I'm coming from with this), but this was some boring filler. I sadly thought Impact was slightly better than SD. JUST slightly better. I don't know? Maybe it had more to do with Hulk Hogan's stupid ramblings since they were funny. SD just didn't have much to make fun of, which is why this review dragged. If I'm not into the show and there isn't anything funny to poke fun of, I think you can tell that I'm not totally into the article. I honestly didn't want to review SD, but I probably won't review SD next week. Since I didn't want to skip out of the show two weeks in a row, I wanted to get this one out of the way. That's going to do it for the review and I hope you enjoyed it. As always, tell me what you thought of my review or tonight's show. I will see you guys and girls on the next WrestlingNerd show, see you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment